Insightful questions to ask at interviews #
I find that the following questions make people think, both as interviewer and as interviewee.
As interviewee #
- Why is this role open?
- For how long has the oldest team member been around?
- What does success look like in this role?
- What qualities are most important for success in this role?
- What concerns do you have about my application?
- Where do you fall on the spectrum from “get it right” to “get it done”?
- How do you determine performance?
- What is your favorite and least favorite thing about this company?
- How are decisions made?
- How does internal communication work?
As interviewer #
- What is your great strength that you worry does not come across in an interview?
- What project of yours are you the most proud of and why?
- What concerns do you have about this role?
- Who have you learnt from the most and why?
- Why did you leave your last job?
- What environment allows you to do your best work?
- What’s something you really want to know about that you don’t already?
Thanks to Joe for this one.